This is the question that will come up many times before ordering your seed for next season. The decision to treat with Precede was the obvious answer in this case. Can you see the difference in root development in the crops below?
The one on the left is the one treated with Precede and the one on the right was not. Just by looking at the two, it is easy to tell that there is more root mass on the crop on the left. This makes it the healthier plant- no roots, no crop.
Now here is what more and healthier roots accomplish in the plant:
· A head start for the crop because of better root establishment
· Have a healthier rhizoshpere (Remember ‘how hairy are your roots?”)
· Have greater access to more macro and micro nutrients
· More moisture is available to the crop
· With a better foundation the crop has a better chance of recovering after stresses such as hail, excess moisture and drought
That is all important, however, the most important thing to know is the healthier the root, the healthier the crop and it sets you up for a successful harvest.
Why not put Precede on your investment for 2013 and make it your best quality crop yet? If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact your closest DynAgra Representative, we would love to help you!
By Brittany Blakely